Monday 9 September 2013

Stitch along

I am joining in with the Stitch along with Chrissie from Chrissie crafts, I have chosen a project to do with everyone else because I really want to learn more but to get me in the mood I have done this...

My Auntie has a die cutting machine and she had borrowed an Owl die off my other Auntie and was taking it back to Yorkshire so I went round with my scraps bag and cut out 14 Owls! I wanted to remind myself of the stitches I knew.


A very uneven looking blanket stitch, a wonky back stitch and two knobbly French knots.


I needed a little project to put into our local craft and horticultural show on Saturday in the embroidery class (let's hope there are few entries!) So I had a little practise.

My chosen project is this hen from Cath Kidston's book 'Patch'. I thought it looked easy and I could concentrate on preparation techniques rather than lots of stitches.

 
 
I have checked out lots of blogs and there are going to be some lovely projects on the go, I especially like the flower border from Joy. Go and take a look.

New crocheters tonight so wish me luck! Jo x

10 comments:

  1. I like your chosen project Jo - chooks are always so lovely - and am looking forward to seeing it come to life for you! And your owl is a wonderful little creature too!
    All the best with your new crocheters - gosh, busy, busy, busy Jo!
    I'm very happy you like my flowers too, thank you so much!
    Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your owl is so cute! And I love the look of that bag, can't wait to see it develop! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet owl. Love the chicken stitchery too, it's going to be lovely.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jo
    I really like the hen design and I think it will look fantastic. Everyone's projects are so different and I am really excited to see how we all get on.
    Best wishes and happy stitching!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your little owl Jo and and reeeeally jealous that you had access to a die cutter! Well, happy for you but jealous ;-) If I had something like that there would be NO stopping me I tell you, but they're so expensive. Maybe.... maybe...

    Your stitches look great though! Blanket stitch is tricky though isn't it but worth the practice, the bag will look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't afford one either and I scrapbook and make cards to sell but still couldn't justify one. It is rather addictive, the scraps were getting smaller and smaller and I was determined to get as many as possible! Jo x

      Delete
  6. I made that hen design (mine is a cushion rather than a bag) and I love it. Fancy making a quilt with it on - have a similar cockerel pattern to add in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little red hens! I like them and hope you enjoy your project, Jo! ....another pattern I want to follow.....someday :)
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jo a great project to start with - embroidery has a big fascination for me but I haven't been very good at it so far - I need to practise much more and hopefully all the lovely bloggers out there like you will encourage me to do more. Can't wait to see the finished project - love your owl, it looks perfect to me, well done Jo. A fabulous post as always Jo, thanks so much
    Lots of love
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those Hens Jo and I am so looking forward to seeing them as we go. xoxo

    ReplyDelete