Tiling and grouting the bathroom: 9 hours of grouting, my finger was so sore! Andy used some oak planks from the shed sanded down to make the bath panel - isn't it amazing? We decided we wanted it to look less like a hospital sluice room and painted the end wall fern green. Eventually, the wire rack I re purposed and the macrame hangers with plants in will bring the whole 'greeness' thing together.
The kitchen is technically finished but we still use old garden chairs and have building stuff in there all the time. All the worktops are covered in cardboard or plastic sheets. So much so that I have forgotten how beautiful the oak tops actually are.
The utility is finished and ready for our washing machine and freezer when we move.
The stairs have taken a lot of time. I papered it, then added treads and Andy fitted the balustrade which I waxed. It is the builders equivalent of a buying a bikini - not much to it but very expensive.
The office is finished and it turns out to be the warmest room in the house but generally the whole house is lovely and warm especially compared to our drafty Georgian one.
The girls have been chipping in with painting since being at home. Painting the cubby hole under the stairs was a job for the smallest member of our family. Well done Meg!
I bought an amazing antique barristers bookcase to spur me on in February. Our new build is really starting to come together.
Stay safe folks and thanks for checking in. Jo xxxx