Friday 6 September 2013

Hairy Hands

Anyone who is a fan of Father Ted will know the episode of the hairy hands where Father Jack drinks so much that his hands turn hairy. Well, here are my hairy hands.


 
 
It is my favourite go to pattern for gloves, quick gift or a great pattern to use up ball ends. It is from a 14 pattern booklet called Fade to Grey by Louisa Harding and I have made the hat, gloves, scarf, handbag and a cardigan from this book and I LOVE it. 


This Yarn was in a bag given to me. It is called Patons Siberia. "a winter blend of cotton and mohair" actually consisting of 77.5% acrylic, 12% cotton, 8.5% mohair and 2% nylon.
The label has that 1980's power shoulder look about it and I really was not sure what to do with it but these have turned out a treat.


Thanks for checking in, the weather has turned a little more Autumnal today so maybe we will be needing them. Jo x

8 comments:

  1. Love your fingerless gloves. Are you on Ravelry? Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo - was out tonight in torrential rain and was freezing - would have loved your gloves then honestly. They are just lovely and I will be looking out this pattern as they look like nice and easy gifts - have loads of birthdays coming up so these would be perfect. Thanks for a great post as always, you bring so many ideas to me
    Have a wonderful weekend
    Lots of love as always
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely gloves Jo - and knit in such a gorgeous variety of yarns too - snug and warm for your cold weather, enjoy them!
    Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hairy hands Jo, it certainly suits you sir! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your gloves! What a pretty pattern and your knitting is just lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. love them - feel the need to make myself some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely cosy handwarmers! I love how fun and funky they are, and they do look really warm too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fab, they look really cosy. I love Father Ted by the way.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete