Wednesday 25 September 2013

Autumn Leg Warmers Pattern

Here are my Autumn Leg warmers. They are made in Aran weight yarn on a 4.5mm hook. Great for filling the chilly gap in the top of your boots or to smooth out the top of jodhpur style boots.


So here goes in UK terms

Foundation chain: Chain 40, then chain 3 more for the turning chain.

Row 1: 1tr in the 3rd chain from the hook, then 1tr in each stitch to the end of the row.
Row 2: 3ch as turning chain, *1tr in the top of the first treble, then 1tr around the post of the second treble* repeat to form a row of rib.
Row 3: Ch3, make another row of trebles using round the post on every other one using the row below for guidance.

Row 4: Ch1,39dc in every stitch to make the main body of the leg warmer. You need about 28 rows (more if you want long ones.)

Row 5,6,7 as original rib repeat rows 1,2,3

Fasten off and sew up the seam. They take about 100g of aran weight but can also be done in two strands of DK for firmer leg warmers.

Please let me know if there is anything I need to change. I would love to get a link to a pair - that would be really exciting. Spotty tights and flowery Dr Martens are optional!

Jo x




11 comments:

  1. You lost me at foundation chain but thank for sharing the pattern and they do look lovely and just right for the season
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lost me at foundation chain but thank for sharing the pattern and they do look lovely and just right for the season
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, so jealous, I love your Docs! I think I skipped your pattern entirely, I'm sure it was great :), but those boots, oh swoon!
    xXx Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really cute. I may have to give them a try, thanks for the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great leg warmers - may I ask what yarn you used? Yours are so pretty! Do you think I could size them for kids as well if I just change the original chain, then follow the pattern accordingly? Thanks! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fab and I have to say look great with your spotty tights and flowery docs!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great Jo - as do your spotty legs and flowery Docs - you're set for the cool weather - and in great style!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw there so cute! I'm making some for my daughter thank you for sharing the pattern :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look fab Jo, thank you for sharing this with us. Legwarmers are on my list to do, so I will try these along with the other pair too! Loving those Docs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are super cute, thanks for sharing the pattern.
    Clare x
    http://summerhousebythesea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good Jo, your DMs are awesome :o

    ReplyDelete