Thursday 19 September 2013

Craft Club

I run a craft group every other Wednesday night. A few friends get together, chat, drink tea, eat cake and make something or learn a new skill or grab a new idea. Last night we made beaded butterflies.

 
I learnt to make these years ago at a scrapbooking class that I used to go to (before I had children) and they are great for putting on birthday cards.
 

or on hair clips or anything else that really needs a beady butterfly.

An evening picture of everyone's butterflies
  I tried to do a tutorial but my camera and my shaky hands were just not up to the job so check out Pintrest for some mind blowing inspiration by searching on 'seed beading' I really like this but my language skills are not up to it, however, I think you can work it out from the picture.

You know when you read something on a blog and it makes you think of something similar in your own life, well I read Chrissies lovely post where her children had left her cute notes all over the house then by chance I got one...the very next day...I think mine has darker undertones!!
 
 
We had argued about school PE pumps and this was a sorry note. The teacher in me just wants to add some commas, but it still made me smile. 
 
Happy Crafting Jo xx
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. The butterflies are lovely! What a cute little note too.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids! They say the funniest things!!!! That is a keeper for sure Jo!!! Your butterflies are so pretty...that would be a fun one for us! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and cute butterflies!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The club sounds like so much fun. I would enjoy that a lot. The note is adorable! I love kids' notes. Have you ever seen the website passiveaggressivenotes.com? They often have notes written by kids and they always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your butterflies are so pretty! I have a craft club, too, and I look forward to craft night every month - it soothes the soul! The note is fantastic, it made me giggle... Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet Jo - everything - the butterflies, the craft club, the little note! All lovely and memorable!
    Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aahh Jo what a lovely post - the beading is amazing - really wish I could join your group Jo as it sounds wonderful. Your little note is so sweet - children are so adorable and so honest as well which makes it so special. Have a lovely weekend Jo, always love reading your blog.
    Lots of love as always
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The crafty club sounds like great fun Jo and oh boy you must be wanting to correct all the bits in my posts every time then!! A very sweet note! Enjoy your weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete