I have made a skirt from Sew Serendipity. I made it methodically following the instructions and learning lots on the way about fit, shaping, a hidden zip placement, and top stitching before I attack my Amy Butler fabric.
All of the elements were not right first time - top stitching was really good and I kept it close to the edge and equal distances apart. The zip was OK until I realised I couldn't get the foot around the thick zipper so it had a bit of a blow out at the bottom so I did a little hand stitching to get it closer.
Ahem! Spot the not so deliberate mistake... I have placed the pockets on the wrong way round! they are slanting the wrong way but seeing as I rarely have time to stand around with my hands in my pockets I guess it doesn't matter.
The fabric is a Liberty print and I know you will be jealous but someone gave me a load of it. His wife had passed away and the widower asked if I would like all of the fabric out of her blanket box and this was part of the haul. I made a little sundress last year for Big Sis but I think it will fit the little one this year round. We may look a little twee in matching outfits so we will have to select what we wear carefully this summer.
I am finding that mixing sewing, crochet and knitting is really easing up my shoulder. I think I might be ready for that pastel green next week. Jo xx