Friday 15 March 2013

Under the sofa

In my desperation to find a project to get stuck into, I dragged out a load of stuff from under the sofa to see if I could find some lovely yarn, maybe somebody hid some there in the night or something, I thought!

I found this:
 
Big Sis chose it to have a stripy hat, handbag and scarf which matched her coat. There was enough to make Little M a set too. On Wednesday I found the left overs Yay!

I checked out my children's pattern books and found this:


I love Sirdar pattern books for children, they are so modern and wearable, in the five years I have been knitting the children clothes they have never refused to wear any of it (I guess that might come as they get older) but I think it is because they are such good patterns. When I asked Little M "Do you like this?" She said "Yes, because I want hair like that!" I wasn't asking her if she wanted a makeover - just if I should embark on knitting the jumper! Funny...


So I have started. She is three and a half but absolutely tiny so I am doing age 1-2 as I am quite a loose knitter too. I am even managing to remember to twist the yarn up the side for the colour changes and it is quite a relaxing knit. So, so far so good.



I really appreciate my new followers and hope you continue to enjoy looking at what I make everyday. Jo x


4 comments:

  1. Looks great, pretty colours!
    Love the comment about the hair - that sort of thing happens all the time in our house!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and looking forward to seeing all your 'makes'. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that stripy jumper! I am so jealous that you can knit, I must learn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a really relaxing way to unwind. Take it up, stripes are easy! Thanks for dropping by Jo x

    ReplyDelete