Sunday 24 March 2013

Craft show NEC

It was an hours train journey and a dicey drive to the station today for us to go to the NEC in Birmingham to the craft show. We had to negotiate these snow drifts first.


We saw lots of lovely things. I did not go with a wishlist, I always think that is fatal, you never find what you want then.

On our meander we saw felt, braid work, trims, wool, fabric, tools, papercraft stash, demo's and a whole lot more. Here are a few of my favourite things.


Out of this world Asian trims and braids to complete my tribal bellydance top from Aarti J. Purchase #1 made.

 

An amazing jacket made from braid stash leftovers aptly named...


Jo's jacket!


Machine stitched beauties like this wall picture.

I also bought new buttons, cardstock for cardmaking and a Sublime pattern book for £1.99!!! So all in all a great day of inspiration and bargain hunting, I would definitely go again.

I'm off to have a little play with my new stuff. Keep warm. Jo xx







 



3 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,
    Love your blog and I keep popping in to see what you've been up to. I went to the NEC craft show on Friday and like you found bargains and had a good day. Not enough wooly things for my liking but then it was mainly for sewing! Keeping making and blogging - its inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fiona, keep bobbing in. I agree, I wanted more yarn to browse and stroke too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun blog, Jo, and what a fun trip you had...that jacket is incredible. I am glad you found my blog so I could find you.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete