Sunday 17 March 2013

Chain loop scarf

I made this chain loop scarf at the beginning of the week which was then featured on this Tangled Happy post. What a coincidence! It is on ravelry or you can click the link from the post or here at Hidden daisy.

 

I made mine with a 5.5 mm hook and Patons Colour Work Aran which is a really lofty light Aran. My result is more of a neckerchief than the loopy scarf but it was so quick that I made another one with a bigger hook and bulky yarn last night.


 

It is a great pattern for a beginner because you get loads of time to practise holding the hook, gaining tension and feeding the yarn without having to think too much about what you are doing. The finishing off technique of binding the end as a handle makes a really neat finish.


The smaller version was hijacked by Big Sis and she loved it.


Have a go this weekend it was such a satisfying little project.

Chat soon. Jo xx





3 comments:

  1. ooh - looks like a great pattern!

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white one as a chunky necklace x lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it works well like that too. Will be making some more of these I think for presents.

    ReplyDelete