Tuesday 21 April 2015

THE basket

Amy at Love made my home posed the question yesterday 'What is in your basket?' Hers was full of lovely haberdashery and creative gadgets. Our basket has a slightly different juxtaposition. 

We have THE stairs basket. We live in a three storey house (hence the blog name) and we have a basket at the bottom of the stairs for small items that don't warrant a full trip up to bed-ford-shire.

It turns up a surprising amount of tat.


Sunglasses,icing nozzles, plastic frogs, nail scissors, hair clips, shearing elastic, swimming goggles, hairbands, buttons, a whopee cushion, hair clips, duplo figures, nit comb, hairbands, jewellery, Sudocrem, loom bands, hair clips, crochet hook, hair clips!!!

For a fleeting moment today I thought to myself, 'Would anyone notice if I just tipped the whole lot in the bin?'...

Then I thought, "no" because, do you know what? tomorrow morning when I can't be bothered to go back up the the girls room on the top floor (again!) at least I will have some hair clips to send them on their way to school!'

And so the cycle begins again.

Empty, for now.
Feeling funny today:) Thanks for your inspirational post Amy
Jo xxx

PS. Thanks for your interesting comments about school uniform. I enjoyed reading them.

11 comments:

  1. It is always useful to have a whoopee cushion handy :) Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a basket at the bottom of the stairs but these days it is invariably empty until the girls visit then it overflows once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a basket at the bottom of the stairs until my husband takes it up the stairs and there it sits..still full!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of interesting things in your basket Jo, I especially liked the Whoopee cushion:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, what was the whoopee cushion doing on the stairs? Baskets like this are so much a part of family life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm super-impressed that your basket is actually the right shape to fit on the bottom step! We don't have a basket, just an ever-spreading pile...
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm super-impressed that your basket is actually the right shape to fit on the bottom step! We don't have a basket, just an ever-spreading pile...
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I plop things on the bottom stair that need to be taken back up, it is always a mess. I have three project baskets going right now, those are a mess too!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness, what a lot you had in there!!! At least if you are looking for something you always have a good starting point don't you! Glad you were inspired! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The stuff of life is in that basket, I have two craft baskets on the go at the moment not to mention the clutter,
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Because you never know when you might need some swimming goggles while inside the house. Actually, Angus often wears his in the bath...x

    ReplyDelete