Thursday 16 April 2015

Hooray! Summer tops and discount code

In two and a bit years of blogging I have never clicked 'publish' instead of 'update'. I am sorry I posted a flash post on Monday. I was preparing it for Friday while I liaised with myfabrics.co.uk on the promotion code and pressed publish instead of update. Bum! Sorry. Anyway if you are getting flashbacks (Jane, country tales, kestrel etc.) it is because you have already seen it! Onwards....


In keeping with my new years resolution to make only garments that go with the rest of my wardrobe (to avoid flowery-dress-overload-syndrome) I saw this modern t-shirt design on the pattern I used for my summer trousers from Sew Home & Style magazine.





I added a thrifted crochet lace edging because I only had 1 metre of the jersey and I was a bit short on the length. It is an unusual jersey with a nice texture but also light and airy. It is from myfabrics.co.uk my go to website for jersey fabric.

The back has a small opening and a button fastening.


It makes a great companion to my summer trousers. Then I rummaged around the fabric drawer and cut out another one, they were so simple to make. Is there some navy in that Liberty Wiltshire fabric? Yes there is, my new years resolution is going really well...


I bought this piece of jersey from myfabrics too and they have sent a discount code to thank me for linking to their fabric website.

My fabrics have kindly sent a discount code for my readers to get £10 off when you spend £35 online. When checking out please use this code before 17.05.15. 3STORIESHIGH. 
Happy Shopping and share the code on your blogs.

Jo x


18 comments:

  1. Love it Jo, I have that pattern may have to take another look at it!
    d x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can foresee lots more of those tops in future. I love the lace trim. The top being too short was a happy accident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tops for the summer! I love myfabrics thank you for the code! I am off to visit their website......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that pattern too, it looks simple, I've always chickened out io making clothes for myself. Should I give it a bash ? What fabric do I buy - Jersey I suppose, but anything in particular ? And I just have a normal sewing machine, no overlocker thingy or anything. Really want to do it but a but scared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK you need jersey, cut it with pinking shears so that you don't have to worry about the edges. Adjust your sewing machine to the narrowest zig zag (so it looks like a wobbly line) and sew the backs and fronts together, hem and put on a neck binding which I can send you a link for later. Have a go, even make a small one out of a mans old T-shirt first then buy the jersey you like after you have made a few mistakes. Give it a go Jill. Jo xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that, fab idea about the mans old Tshirt. When schools back next week I'll give it a go :)

      Delete
  5. You look amazing, I am sure I would screw that up somehow with my luck in sewing lately. Hugs to you, Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh.... the mysteries of Blogger :) I did not get your published-too-soon post and Blogger does not always roll your posts to me in a timely fashion, but I eventually get caught up! I like the pattern of your latest top and think you are very clever to add the lace to the bottom of the one. I have a lifetime friend who found a sleeveless top pattern with a collar that she likes very much so through the years she made many tops with that pattern, but with different materials. I never noticed until she brought my attention to her repetition; she always looked stylish! I am enjoying a glorious cool but sunny day here and hope you and yours are having a happy day on your side of the pond :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great T shirts. I'm cutting out a Renfrew T shirt tonight. Even a boring T shirt, made up by myself, gives me pleasure these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You might want to check your 'My fabric's link. It's taking me to MyFabrics.com which isn't a shop

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so funny about you posting the post too early! I have done that before too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need a wardrobe makeover! You are so good at putting things together Jo! And making them non the less! Such awesome tops as I love the cut of them! Wishing you a great weekend my friend! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the t shirts, especially the crochet trim one. I cam via Handmade Jane and squealed out loud to see you are based in Shropshire, love living here but wish we had more fabric shops. Lovely to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Popped over from Plain Jane's after reading about her good friend Jo who sent her on a trip to fabric store. Love the tunic tops you have made! They look quite versatile. I really like the crocheted edging :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. It might have started off as a mistake, but the lace trim on the top is an inspiration! It looks so pretty, and the trousers are lovely. I'm off to tell my Mum, who is after some inspiration for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the crochet trim on the first top a real delight.

    ReplyDelete