They are two little lacy shrugs for bridesmaids in, wait for it... 4 weeks time. They are wearing ivory dresses with the pink sash. I know, I know, but I did the back of one in an evening so I am feeling a bit more like I could finish them in time without making my shoulder drop off.
As with crocheting blankets, the border makes all the difference.
I expect some blocking would be good here too.
The pattern is by Kathryn Driffield on ravelry here. The border that drew us in to choose this pattern was unfortunately not able to be reproduced in her pattern details as it was from a book which was a little disappointing. I did not know until I got to the edging section - so there is a lesson in reading through the whole pattern before you start.
Never-the-less the scallop edge I have designed myself finishes it off well. I also tapered the sleeves to make it less baggy. It is going for a fitting tonight and then we can see if I can add the scallop to the sleeves or not depending on the length.
One down, one more to go...Jo xx