Tuesday 18 June 2013

Hexagon crazy

I am still quietly crocheting hexagons for a blanket but I saw this in Cath Kidstons's book Patch and thought I would give it a go as I am feeling hexagon crazy.

 
Those delightful flower head pins were a little purchase I made in Dorset a few weeks ago . They are brilliant for blocking knitted and crochet work because they are long and the head does not slip through lacy work.

 
The centre is a little piece left over from this cushion in my first ever blog post and the other fabric is from Amy Butler leftover from making this skirt. Crochet Class Tuesday for me... What will they bring to show and tell?

Jo x




5 comments:

  1. I do love your hexagon it's lovely. I have a simular but faded hexagon pincushion that belonged to my great nana. Lovely fabric you've used and the button is very cute x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is ever so sweet Jo and those little pin heads are rather gorgeous too!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo that is just so sweet, I recently acquired a number of hexagons at a vintage fair still in their papers from the 1970s and am dying to make something with them - one of these pin cushions would be a perfect start, I have Cath Kidston's book and it has some good ideas in it. Lovely post as always Jo, thank you
    Lots of love
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo the little hexie is adorable and the perfect little pincushion. I got the book from the library a couple of weeks ago and earmarked the very same pattern, it has some really lovely patterns in it and think it might be a good book to buy one day. I also bought the very same fabric a few years ago, love Amy Butler (great taste :-)). xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hexie pincushion is perfect and so very pretty.. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete