Sunday 26 January 2020

Cutting Paper Once

I was excited to get my hands on this pattern. It seemed so versatile and I thought a pattern that made lots of different tops without having to keep cutting out paper pieces all the time would be a good idea. It was...



The first version I made last year has been worn a lot. The photo on the front of the packet was what really drew me in to get it in the first place. My first blouse looked very similar, made in cotton dobby.





I chose a Ponte Roma to make a short sleeved version next but the sleeves were a little stiff and made an unsavory silhouette so I made a box pleat and added a button. It is a good top to wear tucked in with a skirt or worn out more casually over trousers. I think there are a lot more opportunities with this pattern to use up some of my left overs to make the peplum version or the gathered sleeves. 

This pattern is a winner. Thanks for dropping by. Jo xxx

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Jo, I remember you making the long sleeved one. Just ordered the pattern. I intend to make one using a cotton sheet I don't use anymore, before buying some nice material. I have got to get used to my new small sewing machine as well. Said I wasn't going to sew anymore but hey Spring is coming ! Good idea for your short sleeved top. The pleat and button sets it off. Lots of options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever idea to use the buttons on the sleeves! Thanks for posting, Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tuck in the sleeve, makes for a professional finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tops are so lovely! Definitely a versatile pattern.

    ReplyDelete