Friday 5 October 2018

Oh Marigold, I'm too late!

I am a bit late to the cutting table this year with the Marigold pattern by Tilly and the Buttons. The jumpsuit is maybe a little too exposed for me even in the summer, I don't know when I would wear it, but I liked the idea of comfy trousers(who doesn't?)


I bought some beautiful viscose fabric with a nice texture in Louth in Lincolnshire way back in August especially to make them. 



I had seen on other blogs that people had found them quite long in the crotch so I took an inch out on the lengthen/shorten line. I still felt they were a bit too big though. My girls laughed at my MC Hammer impression even though they are too young to know who he is! I took some more out of the crotch altering the overall feel but I learnt a lot making them.



 

I had hoped to wear them to work but they are too casual with this loose fit however, next summer if we are bathed in sunshine again, they will be perfectly cool and floppy.



The pocket and pleat construction is a lovely detail and I would say they are definitely an intermediate make if you fancy them.


 

Shame to be packing them away so soon after making them but never mind, they will re emerge next year as a nice surprise because I will have forgotten all about them by then. 

Have you ever made this pattern? I would be more than happy to hear about your crotch? :)

Jo xxxxxx

11 comments:

  1. Very cute! The fabric is really pretty. And absolutely nothing Hammer-time about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look lovely, it’ll be nice to get them out again in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fond memories of Louth, Gerard's finance business was there before taking early retirement. Beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look lovely and the fabric is very pretty. Wondered if the pattern could be used as a pajama bottom pattern as I know someone who would like some as a Christmas present. What’s more she doesn’t live too far from you either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely drape in your choice of fabric. They would look gorgeous with a fitted top, some wedges and a bit of nice jewellery for a night out (meal) with the girls too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is it. maybe it needs a slimmer top. Jo x

      Delete
  6. They look cool and comfy, it's a shame the summer months are behind us. A nice addition to next years summer collection. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fab, and as for MC Hammer, well those girls of yours have to get to know him a bit and dance with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The next heatwave is just around the corner :-)
    These trousers are fun, I like the playful fabric. You could wear them inside in the winter, just for yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. After a Google search of MCH I can confidently agree with Jennifer's opinion about your pretty pants! :)

    ReplyDelete