Wednesday 18 November 2015

All done Rowan #9

After the painful purchase of one ball of Rowan wool at £8 I had to make the most of it. I have used up every last scrap of both colours I pooled from mine and my mum's miette cardigans to make another present for the Christmas box.


The pattern for both the hat and the flower are in my sidebar so if you are making Christmas presents and you can crochet, give it a go. This one is Aran weight yarn on a 5.5 hook.



I squeezed out two flower brooches as teachers presents, I used scraps to make the stamen on one instead while using a button and bow on the other. 


This is it people, this is what I had left. I love it when that happens. The fabric background is my latest purchase from the stitching show at the Birmingham NEC a few Sundays ago. It is summer weight cotton for...possibly a shirt dress, we'll see. It will hibernate now though until spring.

All done with Rowan creative worsted. 6 teal and nearly 3 purple balls of wool made:

 

  


Two shawls, a cardigan, a flower hat and two brooches. 
Happy crafting and watch those pennies! 
Jo xxx



15 comments:

  1. You are priceless! I am not so good at using every last scrap of anything.... Might have a look at your hat pattern, I have never crocheted anything wearable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hat, I'm tempted to have a go but my head is pin sized and I fear it would be too big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go down a yarn size or hook size. I have made this pattern in all sizes for kids and adults. I make them in 4ply on 3mm hooks for babies - not that your head will be that small!

      Delete
  3. Excellent!! I love it too when there's only a scrap of yarn left. Though the suspense up to that point is a bit stressful! Wondering will I actually have enough. All the items you've made are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is incredible that only a few strands remain. Beautiful work, the shawls and brooches are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Jo!!! It is always amazing how you use every last little piece of everything to such great effect. The hat looks great on you and the brooches will be lovely gifts too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done again, Jo! You model the hat well and I admire how you make such good use of your resources :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your hat. You make such lovely things Jo. The first thing I ever crocheted was a hat using a skein of delicious Fyberspates vivacious yarn bought from a wool shop in Ilfracombe while staying in a cottage on Exmoor. Sitting in front of the log burning stove last November with my newly acquired iPad and teaching myself to crochet from YouTube videos was what led me to Blogland and what an amazing place it's turned out to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done you, hop along with us crafters, glad to see you in the clan. Jo x

      Delete
  8. They are lovely xxx I must pop and see you all xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very smart hat and it really suits you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been missing you Jo, love all that you have made with your precious wool.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should have said, I have a couple of balls of that teal left over that you could have had. Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent job! I totally get how happy that makes you. Half finished balls of yarn annoy me so much too. You made some beautiful things here. That hat is gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete