Monday 8 February 2016

Tantilizing Crochet

Hey! I bought new yarn, I loved the feel of that navy yarn so much I used for the Saroyan scarf.


I can get through the January blues because it is my birthday month and those that love me the most get me the best presents:


How did my bessie know I wanted this book? I love the crochet dress in it. It was the inspiration for my New Years resolution on crocheting something beautiful for myself. I hadn't even said anything to her. However, I have bought the wool to make this fab jumper for summer instead because I am gonna look like that picture when I wear it - all sassy and cool.


Although I think I would have a melt down if I had that much unused stash to peruse everyday. How does she sleep at night? I would be wanting to sew in my slumber.


Anyway it is on the hook. Timescale? - no idea, I really want it to be just right so no bodging Jo, do it properly. I really do have to do it properly, the yarn cost £44.00 and that was with 50% off!


xxxx

13 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, I love the neutral shade and looking forward to watching your progress. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look sassy and cool anyway! Crochet garments remain a goal I have yet to tackle... I somehow can't get away from the crochet bikini concept, which makes me shiver. I am looking forward to seeing your progress. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely jumper and gorgeous yarn to crochet it with. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful sweater. Crochet garments remain something I have not yet tackled; I look forward to seeing how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo, that yarn looks really nice. I love the look of the book too. What a lovely friend to give you a gift that is perfect for you. I like the cardigan on the cover. I've been looking at cardigan patterns lately; I was going to buy a couple of new lightweight ones to wear with dresses in warmer weather but then I thought I should look into crocheting some for myself instead. I haven't tried yet, but I feel sort of motivated at the moment. We'll see if it lasts. :) Thanks for joining in with my link party. I hope you're having a good week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks a lovely pattern, take your time and enjoy making it. Happy birthday for Jan too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh. Looking forward to seeing the end product xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter gave me this book last Christmas. I know she would love me to make her that jumper (which just happens to be the twin of one my mum made for me in the late 1970s which I wore until it fell to pieces.) I will love watching your progress with this and I'm already excited about seeing the finished jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not heard of this book and now I have to go and find it. I want the sweater on the front cover, I will never look that young and hip but I still want it.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have long admired that jumper. Maybe you showed it to us before? Am looking forward to seeing it come off the pages and into real life (well yours at least). I hope it turns out as pretty as it looks. Hope it's a good crochet for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo, silk and merino...it should be wonderful to wear and hopefully fun to make...and I really like the pattern, too! Enjoy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I lov that book. Your jumper will be great simply because it's a treat for you and it was such a bargain .

    ReplyDelete