Friday 5 February 2016

Making

I don't make many clothes for the children, I have never needed to. My friend has three girls older than mine and we have a constant stream of lovely clothes arriving season by season but sometimes I make them something using smaller pieces of fabric left from my dressmaking projects, especially if they love the fabric like Big Sis did with this one.


Both patterns are from an old copy of Ottobre magazine. The skirt has a deep ribbing cuff which my girls love because they are slim and are not so keen on the pull-button-elastic on bought skirts because they have to pull them in so much it becomes uncomfortable. This is a breeze to make.


I have made this combo before but I had the wavy hem problem three years ago when I first started sewing with Jersey - not anymore.


She really likes it and there will be some years in the skirt but the leggings are for this year only probably as they are a bit of a  tighter fit. I made them while she was at school hence I miscalculated my growing girl.


I would be happy if I had bought that little set home from the shops. Wouldn't you?


Thanks for calling in as ever. Have a great weekend.
Jo xxx

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet set and so beautifully made, your daughter must be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous Jo! So much nicer than you would find in the shops! Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks pretty cute int hat new set, you are a sewing wiz!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this, fab fabricx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really must try and get some of these patterns they are adorable. Such a great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely wee set and pretty fabric.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way the outfit turned out, Jo, even if the leggings only make it for one season. Thanks for posting, and I hope you and yours have a great weekend, too. We are planning to watch the Super Bowl football game on Sunday afternoon...and I hope to get some more rows knit on my blanket while I watch :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely, I shall have to try ribbing at the waist. My nine year old is skin and bone, the button elastic annoys him too. Great use of the last of your beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree hems on these circular skirts can be tricky to get right. My daughter loved the couple I made for her and wore them a lot which was quite a compliment.

    ReplyDelete