Sunday 14 February 2016

Emergency Hedgehog

On Friday night I had to make an emergency hedgehog! My girls received knitted Hedgehogs from Sue at Sweet pea family over two years ago and little M lost hers after taking it to school last week. 



She tried the detachment theory saying she didn't care about it anyway which she often does (sometimes about us!) but by bedtime she was really sad. She was crying quiet tears, avoiding her bedtime story which was called Lulu and the hedgehog unfortunately and wanted a hug. 



We went on Ravelry together and chose a pattern to try. And so it was I spent Friday night making a little hedgehog. She put out an egg box for me to put it in so that if she woke in the night she would see it. By 9:00am the next morning she had furnished it with bottle tops, a bedding area and food.




Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do! Jo x

19 comments:

  1. My boy is 25. I do miss been needed. Well done you its lovely K xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post so cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sweet. I'll tell you a secret: my 15 year old still takes his puppy to nights away (usually stashed away at the bottom of a sleeping bag). I bet the little hedgehog will be travelling to many places for many years, or just be there at home for those times a cuddle is needed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that is a perfect hedgehog. The face is adorable! Lucky little girl with such a talented mother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet, glad you were able to save the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how lovely xxxx you are one very special mummy xxx you remind me very much of my mum when we were growing up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, that is a lovely thing to say.

      Delete
  7. Such a sweet thing to do, I love how your daughter had a box ready for her new hedgehog x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a great mummy . She will remember this forever. I long for day like those again .

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are the best Mom ever! I love that you spent your Friday night making this cutie for your cutie, and I love the little home she has made it.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet "proper mummy" thing to do...hope she is happy and all smiles again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry that the first hedgie was lost, but this one is a real cutie and will be greatly treasured I am sure! Love the little home he has!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok this is really really cute! I have to admit though it is your title "emergency hedgehog" that did it for me! Best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet...I'm so glad you were able to save the day! The hedgehog is adorable.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely...so glad you are such a crafty lady and could create that little emergency hedgehog. Love how your little daughter made him such a cute and welcoming home :)
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jo, you are a wonderful mum and an admirable emergency hedgehog maker :) xx

    ReplyDelete