Sunday 31 January 2021

Change of Scene

I have been sewing myself stupid for the last month to fill the days so I have decided to have a change of scene and catch up on some scrapbooking. The snowy weather reminded me of a little book I started way back in 2010: The little book of snowmen. 

Inside the box is a little accordian book held together with ribbon and fabric tape but essentially all set up to simply add a photo each year or so.



It started when Big girl made her first snowman with her friend which I snapped a photo of. I hoped my children's childhood would be filled with fun times making snowmen and indeed it was, and it turns out still is. Recording them all in one place seemed like a fun papercraft project. 


Today I added our latest snowmen to the back of the book.

Initially, I was a bit disappointed that I had come to the end of the book until...

...I realised you can work your way across the back too!


I enjoyed doing some papercraft for a change and I think I should really try and catch up on some other half started paper projects while the days are cold and there are empty days ahead. It is something I can potter away at while the girls are home-schooling and I can craft at the kitchen table only a shout away. 



Not as much snow this weekend as we thought but a beautiful kitchen window view nonetheless.



Stay Safe. Jo xxxx

3 comments:

  1. A lovely snowy memory book for you to all look back on. Great idea Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely idea. I do memory holiday books, I find paper crafting so theraputic. You are blessed with a beautiful view from your kitchen window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea! I'm now very tempted to make a book like that for my daughter. Thanks Jo. Oh, and lovely views from your kitchen window. x

    ReplyDelete