Thursday 28 January 2021

Night Time Sock Knitting

 I have lost my knitting/crochet mojo of late. I knit every evening and when we lived in a freezing cold house there was a never ending list of things to knit to keep us warm but now we live in a super insulated new house the 'purpose' seems to have gone from my knitting.

Anyway, I can't seem to not knit in the evenings so I did what I know soothes the evenings along and cast on some socks. This pair is based on the January socks from Colourful life blog by Christina. I added a little side run of garter stitch just to keep me awake and on my toes as it were.


There is snow in the distance on these photos but today we had some too. The socks were very cosy in my wellies while I sledged with the girls. You see, I like my knits to have a purpose.




So there you have it, matching sweater and socks. The yarn for the sweater is held double because it is a 4 ply Araucania merino yarn given to me by an old friend. I still have some left but that's for another day.

I am thinking maybe I need to be branching out into summer knits, perhaps that is where my mojo is waiting - mmm I am off to ravelry for some inspiration.

Jo xxxx

7 comments:

  1. Really pretty yarn, and you look lovely in your sweater and socks. I like a bit of knitting in the evenings as well, it's very therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very pretty socks, I like the subtle colour play. What a clever idea to add some garter stitch, it makes knitting the socks a little more interesting and I also find it is easier to count garter stitch rows to create socks that are the same length. Here's to more happy sledging days! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful socks and a sweater! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great socks for cosy toes! Still plucking up courage to try making them myself. Maybe I'll get there later in the year when the need arises and my feet are cold again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The matching set is a delight, arm and cosy for those rare sledging days. There is a cold front heading our way with minus numbers predicted so they will be a welcome make then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My knitting mojo had been gone for so long I fear I can't remember what needles feel like in my hands. My crochet is going fast, I like it that way, less to think about and easier on my hands. Love you new socks and you wonderful outfit, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matching sweater and socks look fab. x

    ReplyDelete