Saturday 12 December 2020

December...ing

Bottling - up my sloe Gin from earlier on in the season ready to give.

Repeating - the process with Andy's damson wine which has cleared nicely.

Crocheting - some Christmas bauble decorations to gift.


Pattern link for this one is here.

Feeding - my Christmas cake to give as a family gift. I even found a box and cake board in Home Bargains to make it easy to transport. Time to decorate soon.

Making - a serious amount of making has been happening here in lieu of Christmas shopping in shops. I have knit up lots of scraps into hats for children, family and friends.

Knitting - a new pattern I treated myself to. A joy to knit, wear and gift.


Trying - another new pattern which was free on ravelry. A neck snood for my brother. He has copius amounts of thick long hair so he never wears a hat - in fact we have the same hairstyle! I thought this was perfectly manly.


Whizzing - up some hand made gift tags from Christmas fabric and ribbon off cuts.



Making - a churchyard wreath from our hedgerow holly. So many berries this year.



Supplying - Andy with hot drinks and food transported in a basket to his hedge laying location, he is getting closer and closer towards the house each weekend.


Baking - mince pies. In our family two people love them (Heidi and I) and two people loathe them (Andy and Megan)


Decorating - our new house because we were just too excited to see what the tree would look like in our new front room. I also bought a fireplace swag last year in the sales with the new inglenook in mind.



Trying - on my Christmas day dress which is the Sorrel dress by Jennifer Lauren in this luxurious viscose crepe by Atelier Brunette. It has a subtle festive shine and room to eat a huge dinner!


Mending - my jeans again. On a more frugal note I have continued to add to the thin patches and over sew where I have put previous ones.


Leaving - you with a kitchen-window winter pastel, moody sunset today.


Any seasonal plans for you?

Thanks for calling in. Jo xx 

15 comments:

  1. So much to look at and admire. My particular favourite was the tags, such a great idea. I may have to have a go at that myself. It sounds like a great December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, a lovely post with so many grand things! Sloe gin, I have never had, I must get my hands on some soon. I LOVE the hats and neck snood! whosoever gets them, they will all be happy I am sure. Gosh that sheep hat is fabulous! I must make tags for our gifts, it has not been the productive season I planned, but surely I can manage that. I'm not much of a mince eater, my hubby says I just haven't had the right kind, but as we are in a new place this Christmas, we don't know who up here is the mince maker to find and savor.
    Right now my holiday plans are to heal up my back, regain strength and flexibility, and relax. Also to decorate the tree, set out the seasonal decor, bake, cook, put up, and oh yes, relax. Hm. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been so busy! Such lovely things, and I especially love the hat with the sheep and the fabulous jeans patches. Oh, and the dress, especially the dress. Like Kim I am also working on healing a bit of a dodgy back, while simultaneously thinking about dragging the box of Christmas things out from the back of a very tricky low-level top floor cupboard and carrying the tree in from the end of the garden and sticking it into the tree holder thingy and manoeuvring it into the right spot. Not necessarily all compatible with good back health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your ings Jo. Especially hats and Roses with holly....gorgeous.
    Those patches are wonderful and your decorating looks lovely.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your creativity and you blog. Just found you, but I will be back. I'm going to try some of those gift tags.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved learning about your December ings, Jo! I did a November ing post and might opt for December ing, too. Your crocheted ornaments remind me of the material ornament with pins I worked on Friday...kind of a quilted effect. I especially admire your sheep hat! I got a sunrise photo a few days ago that reminds me of your sunset photo.πŸ’žπŸ§ΆπŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
  7. Handmade gifts are always the best. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a busy December. Your inglenook looks perfect with the swag and the tree. Love the crochet baubles. How clever. And that snood looks great. B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have made some great gifts for people Jo. Homemade gifts are so lovely to receive. I have wrapped all my parcels for this year but I really like the sheep hat and snood so might get hold of the patterns to make next year.
    Fortunately both hubby and I love mincepies so we can eat as many as we like xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sheep hat is adorable. It reminds me of a sheep cardigan I made a few years ago. I am so happy for you that you can celebrate Christmas in your new home, exciting times! It looks very cosy in your living room. Your dress is fabulous, I am going to look this pattern up I think. I am sewing a black Sudley dress by Megan Nielsen and it is killing me... what was I thinking, black fabric?? Have a wonderful week x

    P.S. The Ravelry link to my sheep cardigan https://www.ravelry.com/projects/ChristinaMaya/childrens-cardigan-where-the-wild-sheep-roam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cardigan is fabulous - and a steek!

      Delete
  11. I'm beginning to suspect that you are a super-woman, Jo. How could you get all this done as well as the new house?
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. The house looks lovely all decorated as that is the perfect Christmas fireplace I think! Loving all your makes you must seriously never stop moving your hands, and the drinks look good too. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the labels and your dress is lovely!

    ReplyDelete