Wednesday 29 August 2018

Messy Bun Hat

This is a great little crochet make for on the go. It is a messy bun hat with a hole in the top. I have made it for Little M's best friend for her birthday. She sports a brilliant messy bun all the time. I have a feeling I might have to make another couple of these and master my own version of a messy bun!
 




The wool is just a ball of acrylic aran worked on a 4.5 hook from this pattern. There is a video to go with it if you are a beginner.



At the end of every other row you make a stitch in a hair band. You can add a button or a flower or a bow. I made a freeform flower which I was pleased with.




Thanks for dropping in, I feel a bit like I am dropping in on my own blog at the moment! Busy, Busy... Jo xx

9 comments:

  1. I love a messy bun my 24 year old daughter sports one most days :-)

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat looks lovely very neat. I’m sure it will be well received.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! It looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that? I have never heard of a messy bun hat. I want long hair now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hee hee at Christina.Love this creation and what a good idea to whoever thought that one up.Pretty model too.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks good Jo. Your daughter is very pretty too and makes an excellent model, bless her. At least you can't lose the pom pom with this style. My hat had a beautiful pom pom that fell off! Take care, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That will start a trend at her school. Fabx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a clever idea...I want to Google search a pattern now. Thanks for sharing, Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete