Friday 2 September 2016

It's been fun

We are nearing the end of our six week summer holidays but I know in the UK it varies. I also love that some blogs I follow are looking forward to their warm spells and I like following what is happening seasonally around the world. Our last little holiday projects have been foodie ones. Chopping, slicing, jamming, preserving, wine making, crumbling and freezing our allotment gluts.

One day I asked the girls if they knew what tie dye was. I had just made beetroot chutney and had the boiling water left from the initial boil of beets... There was a blank response so we set about having a go.







The summer holidays have been good this year: making, chatting, seeing friends and dear family, a bit of bickering (we are human!) baking and seeing the girls play together. We have been on a hot holiday to Portugal, visited the safari park, been on a River Severn boat trip, slept over at the cabin, loved the Steam Rally and called in at our favourite national trust places. I tell you what, it's been fun!

Jo x

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like fun, including the tie dying! Using beet juice on purpose to dye material led to pretty results and now I wonder what will be made with the material! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous colour. What I wonder are you going to make with that now. I'm waiting with bated breath. Let us know as soon as decided.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your holidays sound great! It has been a fab 6 weeks in our house too and I am dreading the first day back.I haven't tried tie dye with my little people - I envisage the boys spreading die all over the place! I love the outcome of your beetroot dye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have packed loads into the six week summer break, I well remember having a go at tie dying when I was in primary school many moons ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo, it sounds like you've had nice, busy holidays and have done a lot of interesting things. Tie-dyeing is SO much fun. I haven't done any in a few years but I really want to do it again soon. I saw some kits in the craft store where they match up colors for you in a nice palette, maybe we'll get one of those and make a family set of t-shirts, ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. how do you set the dye? We've had a great summer too.its been fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good idea. I've fancied tie dye for a while ever since I saw some Shibori in a magazine. I loved the blue on white in the Japanese style. I should give it a go, Bella would love it. I'm really glad you've had such a great summer. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete