The fabric is a fabulous quality, 100% cotton, which I purchased while on holiday in Whitby in May. I had no idea what I was going to do with it, I just fell in love with it. It has been languishing in my stash this year because when I got it home I couldn't workout what to do with something that had such a large, strong, repeating pattern on it. A blouse would have too many seam lines and darts, trousers seemed a bit outrageous and I really don't need another skirt.
I made this carefully, following the instructions properly. I do that sometimes. It makes me feel like I am good at sewing. I love the pockets but left off the sleeve tabs. I have enough of a reputation for being a bit of a task master in this house without the need for epaulettes!
The pattern does suggest that large prints work well because you don't cut into them for darts or shoulder/arm seams and I will definitely second that. The only pattern matching I did was to have the pattern symmetrical on the neckline and follow that through onto the skirt.
A final photo with a smug grin for a woman feeling pretty happy with her new dress.
Thanks for stopping by. Jo x