I have loathed this lime green cotton DK for so long but Big Sis loved it so it was a great way to use it up as it will be quite hard wearing, on Friday morning I set to work.
There was a choice of butterflies or flowers as an embellishment and she chose the butterflies which were super easy too. After a rifle through the button jar she also picked out the buttons herself.
Of course as I have mentioned in other posts I can't just make one pair of these, I have to make two pairs. Then I got wool hyper-tension because in my race to end this lime green issue I then ran out of wool on the second pair and had to fall back on a bit more of the pink for pair #2. But they were too small! so they are destined for a very good friends little one. This was early Friday night.
So later on Friday night onto pair #3. I ran some horrible pink dk with some minty green baby 4ply and got a really chunky hardwearing fabric using a 4mm hook. Phew! I'm done here with slippers this week but didn't I say I would get my monies worth out of the pattern. I think I already have.(You can tell it is Saturday morning now with pyjamas on, I seem to be making slippers in my sleep!)
A good afternoon and evenings crochet, well worth it so that every time I open my wool basket, I don't have to look at one ball of lime green wool so I am a happy crocheter. Jo x