Tuesday 12 April 2022

Spring Mornings and Afternoons

 The worst thing to do in the early warm spring days of the year is to stop in and make something to wear on a warm day! Oh, the irony of that choice. With this in mind, I have been sewing on colder mornings and gardening in the warmer afternoons.


This is the Fen Dress by Fancy Tiger Crafts. I made a winter version in brushed cotton with a round neck in January and now this summer one with a V neck. You can also make tops from the same pattern. The fabric is a lightweight cotton sateen. I thought I would choose a large print for a change which I really love.


Another successful make is this reversible Agave skirt by Deer and Doe. The one side is black linen for winter and the other is floral cotton poplin. It fastens with two buttons and has an asymmetrical wrap front. It is genius!


Then I had a go at some bag making this is a REAL handbag! It looks and feels so much like a real one. I had to use a leather needle in my machine and it sewed up like a dream. There are useful front pockets, inside slip pocket and a back zip pocket. It is the noodlehead traverse handbag made with faux leather - an absolute keeper.


I am of course true to my sewing roots and have used up some smaller fabric pieces to make a Linden sweatshirt using up leftovers. I have two of these now and I wear them regularly. I had a few handmade sweatshirts that shrunk a little after washing so these have gone to my big girl.


The view from my studio is unique and when the lunchtime hotspot lands right on the french doors it is time to stop sewing and head outside for some sunshine. 


Bloke has worked hard finishing off the steps outside which I am so happy about. I tripped up them in January which caused my bad arm which I am struggling with at the moment. The sun shines right in my eyes at the sewing table about 1:30pm so it makes me pack up and go outside for the afternoon.



It is refreshing to take the dog out, give my daughters some fresh air and enjoy the spring weather with them.


I have lambs to show you next.... exciting times.
Jo

PS. I have managed to get my blog admin all set up on my laptop so I can blog more regularly and catch up with you folks now. I only used to be able to load stuff on the main PC in the office but we have lambs in there and it stinks! 

8 comments:

  1. That is a lovely bag Jo. Looks like a perfect size too.
    I hope your arm improves soon. I have had similar accidents tripping up or down things and it takes such a long time to heal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know 2 months now so frustrating. It is a perfect bag Bev. x

      Delete
  2. Tu bolso es perfecto y tus costuras están muy bien en especial ésa falda reversible, me parece una gran idea. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao, I read your blog since a lot , but never wrote. I love your sewing project and fabrics choose, particularly today I like too much your Agave skirt. I saw the fabrics on the web side and I think for spring and summer denim or navy would be perfect. Unfortunately I am not able to sew.
    And your studio with that big door in that wonderful place is amazing and make me dream England.
    Get well soon with your arm, above all because you need it! I had big problems with my foot a few years ago.
    Have a nice afternoon,
    Miriam from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such a fantastic view Jo. I love your bag, such talent. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to say, I'm looking forward to seeing the lambs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so gorgeous, Jo! Love the wool, can't wait to see what you make with it.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete