Sunday 24 April 2022

Knit and Natter

 Hi there folks. Just popping in for a knit and natter. Today we had a glorious day at Wonderwool at the Welsh showground. There was sunshine, lambs of course and lots and lots of lovely wool.


I bought some wool - I knew I would. I had run down all the stash from the basket and was ready for a splurge.


I spotted a Debbie Bliss pattern book in a bargain box for £3. My mum and I both liked quite a few patterns in it so we are going to share it. We both loved the sweater on the cover.

I bought some yarn to make a tank top.


The choice of sock yarn was phenomenal. My choice was this flecked green in a range of beautiful greens. I am going to have a go at some sock patterns from 'Socktacular' which I found on the Welsh Air Ambulance charity stand. It is an interesting book - a sort of pick and mix of sock components where you choose a knit pattern, heel style and toe technique. Looks good.


My next purchase may be in my stash for some time. It was a soft and squishy little bundle of mini skeins which I will use for colourwork when the right pattern and matching yarn comes along. In the meantime it is welcome to sit in my basket and look at me every time I lift the lid.


Finally, I bought a huge skein of yarn for £5. I have ABOLSUTELY no idea what it is but it will be be fun winding it, making a gauge square and possibly making this graceful cardigan.


I have this sweater in my Ravelry library ready for when I have left overs from all of the projects above. It is a beauty.😊

  




Here are a few more snaps of my finished blanket which I managed to complete by doing a few rows every night.






As ever I used up some of the scraps to make a hat. It used up the ball ends of some colours but I still seam to have some left - probably enough for a baby blanket.


Leaving you with a photo of our little cade lamb. He has had a play out in the field today and loved chasing our dog more than the other lambs!


Thanks for popping in. Jo xxx

5 comments:

  1. Wow - what a lovely day out and what a great selection of projects and yarn you came away with! Your blanket is beautiful, and I think I might have to steal your idea for the granny square hat - I'm trying to improve my crochet skills by making 100 granny squares in 100 days and I'm running out of ideas for what to do with the ones I keep! Look forward to seeing the tank top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I can almost feel the chunky warmth of your blanket. Hopefully it won't be used much for the next few months at least though.
    Looks like you had a great time at Wonderwool and came back with lots of new wool to make into something lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh such a cute lamb. You've made some great purchases, very exciting. I'm glad that you had a nice time at the show. Sock seem to be so popular now with so much yarn to choose from. I remember my Nan's horror at me knitting socks. Years ago she knit far too many socks in boring dark colours. How times have changed x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fabulous day out at the wool show! Love the Debbie Bliss jumper on the front of the book, my colours exactly. I've lost my knitting mojo.... miss it but can't find it. Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh that looks like a fun day and your projects all look very interesting I look forward to seeing them. The lamb is gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete