Sunday 17 April 2022

April...ing

 It's been all daffodils and lambs here. Welcome to our family and our Apriling adventures.

Picking - the daffodils that blow over on the windy days and buying some favourites too.

Admiring - the wild primroses on the bank at the bottom of our field.

Caring - for our first lamb that came two weeks early. These two are back out in the field now.


Feeding - another one. He needed feeding every 2 hours at first and now every 4 hours. This one got left by mother while she took a long time to labour her second one. He was in the field all wet and unlicked as some wintery showers with cold winds blew in and it was getting dark.


Sniffing - his new playmate. Beano the dog is beyond himself with excitement.


Taking - the lamb out for some sunshine so that we can clean out the office, it stinks in there! His horns are already starting to poke through. Both Hebridean ewes and tups have horns which they get very soon.


Sewing - a shirt dress from Newlook6449. There is a denim version of this dress in the header bar but the buttons were so stiff that eventually they split the button holes. This new one fills its shoes perfectly.



Setting - up the incubator with six eggs to hatch. We did this 21 days ago and are waiting for new chicks. I fear the office will continue to smell in the next few weeks but of a different kind of poo.


Smelling - a a nicer smell. I love the daffodils that have a strong scent. These were particularly beautiful.


Looking - under the hedgerows for wild signs of Spring. Violets, cowslips, wood anemones and celandines.



Continuing - with my strip quilt. I wrote 'one hour strip quilting' on my sewing list this holiday and managed another whole row.


Crocheting - my chunky blanket. It was a one row a night wonder which is finished except for trimming the tassles.


Hunting - out the egg decorations for my twig in the window.


Walking - down to the ford for a shady woodland splash about with the dog.


Planning - some new sewing tutorials with these fabrics; striped jersey, swiss dot, linen and the last of my cotton voile.


Feeling - Very, very lucky with our lot.


Updating - you as I write, two chicks hatched so they are basking under the heat lamp while walking though their food and water!



Bring on Spring. Jo xxxx

7 comments:

  1. Maravillosas fotos que transmiten dulzura y maravillosa naturaleza.
    Tus labores bien bonitas, al igual que las telas. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lot of cuteness, thank you for sharing your photos. I'm sorry that you have to put up with the dreadful poo smells. Hopefully not much longer. Beautiful Daffodils, there's so many of them. Happy Easter. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new lamb is very cute but I bet it was very hard work in those first few days being surrogate mum. I expect some brothers and sisters have appeared now as well. Hopefully their woolly mums are coping well.
    Chicks are very sweet and it is exciting for your girls to see them hatching.
    Have a great week Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely images, I got a few good shots of lambs on the hill where we ere walking today, I will have to share soon. I hope you get your office back! All for a good cause though! have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this post.I adore lambs probably wouldn't mind the smell but then I'm not there lol.So cute though.Those lil chicks awww.We seem to be over run with beautiful primroses everywhere,I love them.

    ReplyDelete