Monday 5 August 2019

August...ing

Making - More of my Water Clover Summer top - should be ready in time for winter then!




Growing - Succulents in the garden. Very little care for a lot of joy I find.



Eating - Salmon Biryani.


Baking - Oat tray bake. Meg's first baking all on her own without me in the kitchen.


Building - I have been tiling the new house kitchen with my helper.


Disliking - How dry tiling and grouting makes your hands.


Buying - the new knobs for my new kitchen. In the end, the bold choice of 16 different ones was actually easier to make than trying to shoulder the responsibility of plumping for one pattern.

Thinking - about my new job in September. I am going back to teaching children two days a week and am really excited about it.


Loving - A new home project. Some freestyle crochet with T-shirt yarn, more on that later.

Wearing - Homemade summer dresses. 

Avoiding - Sorting out the office, so much old job paperwork to sift through.



Enjoying - Dog walks with a spot of weed picking by my girls.
Herb Robert, vetch, clover, wild buddliea and ox-eye daisies.



Finding - A few authentic bits and bobs from a seller at a Vintage Tractor Rally. You have to salvage something out of a day looking at machinery!



Knitting - a quick little knit for a baby from a free pattern on Ravelry. Used up two balls of yarn I had been given ages ago.

Going - for an animal experience with meerkats, a birthday treat for Heidi's 12th Birthday. We are going to hold them and everything!!!!

Fixing - school coats with fraying cuffs, lengthening school trousers, taking in jeans for slim girls and generally reducing  landfill from our own little part of the world.

Sewing - a PE bag for Megan. I tried salvaging her old one but it was just too darn dirty.



Deciding - Which order to place the colours in my next fair isle knit.




Looking - Forward to bloke and me having a few days to ourselves to crack on with some carpentry at the new build while big girl is at Guide camp and little one goes to the seaside with her nanny, great Aunt and Great Uncle(they will hate me for calling them that!).

Feeling - At peace with time much more this summer holiday.

Have a Good week. Jo xxx

7 comments:

  1. I think going for mixed knobs was a good idea, there are enough decisions to be made! Great find with the vintage buttons I look forward to seeing what they turn up on. Enjoy the rest of the week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh jo, I read that as cat tray bake, haha ( intead of oat tray bake)....I thought ..eh. The knobs for the kitchen are lovely. But that green yarn is juicy, delicious. I just want to touch it. That will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved those vintage buttons what a great find. I am not a fan of machinery at these shows either. Enjoy your time with hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the mixed handles idea. I'm sure you'll end up with a few favourites over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen door handles are very pretty, what a good choice to get all different ones. You are one master tiler Jo, that must be the most accurate tiling I have ever seen. Great to have a helper, too. Have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your knitting is lovely as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love your ...ing posts, and you've been so busy. Well done Megan on solo baking, I trust it was yummy. I am just swooning over your kitchen knobs. x

    ReplyDelete