Tuesday 27 August 2019

Success

After hoofing all of my fabric out on the spare bed a month ago, it was time to get sewing again. I like this kind of sewing - the sort where you don't really follow a pattern. You just kind of keep sewing until it makes something.


This floral cotton by Rose and Hubble was given to me by my Auntie. It was about a metre long folded twice. Megan really liked it which was good because it was a bit too young for me to use. 



We hunted out an elasticated trouser pattern and compared the sizes to her current PJ bottoms then added some to the length. We cut out the trouser pieces. Anyone who has ever sewn PJ bottoms will know that they are super quick to make. I added huge hems because my girls only really grow up, not across! It is important to make a close fitting casing for the elastic to stop it twisting and being uncomfortable when you are lying on it.



To make a matching top she came back downstairs with a plain white T-shirt which we added an applique M to. Always add an interfacing when trying to sew to jersey to get a flat finish.




In the spirit of not putting anything back in the cupboard, I whizzed up a drawstring bag to put them in. I used roman blind cord for the drawstring with a few beads from the bead box.



A super mornings sewing with my girl.

Jo xxxx

8 comments:

  1. Amazing and practical use of fabric! I love the little bag for them to go in too, that would make a lovely gift. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric and the t-shirt is super. Really like the way you have used up every last scrap.CN x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, I'd wear this set. Might have to replace the M with a C but otherwise perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect project for the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are brilliant and those pj's are too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the tips!
    Lovely photo shoot with Megan!
    The pj’s look gorgeous, with their matching top, and a bag, Wow!
    You certainly made the most of that fabric!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're lovely and the applique initial makes them so personal to the wearer. This would make a great gift idea. Best, Jane :)

    ReplyDelete