Saturday 4 May 2019

Baby Crochet Sweetness

At Wonderwool I came across a stand called Joe's Toes. It sold slipper kits along with the most cosy wool felt insoles.I bought this tiny pair of pre-punched felt soles for £3. 
I had a gift to make.



They took just under an hour to make using some leftover Colinette Iona yarn which I used to make this neck warmer. The wool is 70% wool, 15% kid mohair and 15% silk - so so soft. 





Firstly, I made a row of chain stitch on the pre-punched holes to anchor my crochet to. Then I made a row of trebles.


 

Next, I made a second row of trebles. (night time photos)


The final row was: dc5, htr2, tr1, tr2tog, tr1, tr2tog, htr2, dc2. This gets you round to the other side of the slipper. Then chain 11 to make the strap turn and go back along the chain row. dc in the 2nd chain from the hook, dc6 more. You should now be back at the shoe rim. 7dc, ss into first stitch. Repeat for the other side reversing the strap position. Add press studs. 


All ready to be parceled up for my friend's daughter who has waited so long to have a baby. I hope they all like them, they were a joy to make. There is a knitted version on the website too.

Have a great weekend. I am tribal dancing at a folk festival tomorrow, hope it warms up a bit!

Jo xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Arh they are so cute Jo, I love the colours. Congratulations for your friend, I too had to wait a long time for my first baby. Though I never had IVF or lost a baby, each month saw our hopes and dreams die. A total miracle in the end. All the best with the tribal dancing. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love these.

    Congratulations to your friend’s daughter - I never got there.

    ReplyDelete