Friday 13 December 2013

Hooray! Roman Blind

Today I have made a roman blind for the office that has been on my to do list for sometime. I had a massive office clear out in March here and slightly over reached myself time wise with a complete makeover.



At the time I made a paper crafting tidy and later in the year, which I never posted, a notice board for all my favourite postcards.







I used the ribbon from which my girl's clothkit pinafores were wrapped in which is marked out in inches. I had to take off most of my postcards to show you the board. I think you know the story by now but the material was given to me by a friend who had had bespoke curtains made and this was the leftovers! Do I craft in any other way?


So that is another job finished. Hooray! Jo x

14 comments:

  1. Well done Jo, I love the choice of fabric! Such a tidy office too! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 very well-made projects. You couldn't buy anything this good in the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! I've always wanted to try making a Roman shade. I love your Robert Smith postcard, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered if anyone would spot him, you have great music taste Jennifer!

      Delete
  4. Love your coordinating projects! The roman blind especially, is fantastic.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just fabulous Jo - you have such a wonderful talent and that is why I love reading your blog every day. Well done, I love the blind. Lots of love as always
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous blind Jo - fantastic fabric - and your other makes are so lovely too! Hugs, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blind looks lovely Jo and I am sure that it makes a lovely finishing touch to your room - and goes so well of course with your other makes! I hope that you enjoy spending time in there. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant, Jo!!! I like all three projects, but the roman shade is...well...truly blindingly beautiful!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. They both look nice and make your space look more home-y. I love how creative you are and how you try to make something everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, all the information you have provided us in this blog regarding tips on making your own hand made roman blinds are very much beneficial and are available at cheaper prices.
    By:
    http://www.onlineblindsukltd.co.uk/blinds/roman-blinds

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done! I made a roman blind for our kitchen a few years ago. It nearly killed me off! Yours looks very professionally done and neat. x

    ReplyDelete