Monday 16 October 2017

Mink and Pink

A friend bought these for me last Christmas. She is not a knitter or crocheter so you have to think they were nice choices but it has been hard to find a pattern that they will all actually fit into. 

DMC Natura is a cotton yarn with a matt finish, this one is medium weight but it comes in other gauges. It does split a bit but it has good stitch definition. 

After the triumph of Heidi's Road Trip scarf, I decided to try holding two strands together to give it a whirl myself using a 5.5mm hook. I don't have a crochet project on the go at the moment so I dived in with no plan whatsoever. Who me?


I tried to spread the colours out but wanted to definitely have a pink edge so that I could wear it with my pink cords.


I added the dangly bits which included a couple of bells and as many flowers as the last scraps of yarn allowed. I added the button on the long edge so that I could wear it in different ways using it as a hook for the scarf.


I liked the way it looked mostly pink by using only one ball to create this effect along with the mink and brown.



Success I would say. I really like it and it was fun to make. It only took two nights of crochet. You can find a similar pattern here.

Jo xxxx

14 comments:

  1. I love your little embellishments making it something quite special. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is just lovely! just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is gorgeous too! I too love the little embellishments, and love that it is not too big. I made a couple of shawls last year and don't wear them because they are too big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! It goes so well with your jumper too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. What a lovely way to use up the lovely yarn. Bonus stash busting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo, as always you are adorable and your new scarf is too! Way to go using that gift yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like it, too, Jo, and am keen on the bell dangly/button idea! This Saturday I made a simple cowl for charity and am almost done with a ribbed brim crocheted ski cap...both fun to make. ...Praying all are safe in the storm. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're good! I would probably have stuffed three balls with no idea attached to the bottom of my yarn drawer... It is shawl time of year again, not sure if I want to shout hurrah or cry. We've been battered last night, didn't sleep much because of the noise and will have a gentle crafting day I think. With your/my shawl around my shoulders of course x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two nights! Well done that woman, it would probably have taken me two months. Might give it a bash actually, lovely pattern and I love the embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful, what a great way to get a pink scarf with just one ball of pink yarn.
    I love the button idea, I have a scarf I've been trying to elegantly drape round my shoulders and hold with a lovely pin brooch I was given but it does slip a bit, a button might fix that. Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful shawl! That yarn looks so soft, and the stitches so defined. Need to get me some of that! Found you at the Handmade Monday party hosted by Sum of their Stories.
    I am hosting a year long Granny-Spiration Challenge, a granny square inspired link up. If you have a project that fits, I would love if you came over to share with us. There's also a crochet pattern giveaway going on right now! Current one can be found here: http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2017/10/pumpkin-pixel-art-free-crochet-pattern.html.

    Alexandra of EyeLoveKnots

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to learn to crochet, this is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blimey you're fast! It's really nice. Just pink enough and with a great texture.

    ReplyDelete