Sunday 20 March 2022

March...ing

 Hello there! Welcome to the happenings of March, they are varied and colourful as we look forward to Spring.

Cooking - lots of lovely things. These will be the last of the heavy winter cakes and puddings for a while as we switch to lighter treats.

Cherry Clafoutis

Choc Chip cookies

Coffee and Walnut cake

Visiting - the Ladybird artists exhibition at Shrewsbury Museum. I loved it more than my girls who lacked the element of nostalgia that I enjoyed but Heidi is doing GCSE Art so she really appreciated the beautiful illustrations.





Buying - a couple of vintage patterns for my collection - very wearable.


Adding - door handles and stickers to my studio furniture. They are called 'decals'. The stickers have a wonderful matt finish which makes them look painted on.




Sewing - a new bra from a kit given to me by Christina from A Colourful Life. The new ones I made at the beginning of the first lockdown are getting worn out so it was time to make another...or maybe two.



Disliking - the eight trips I made to the vets in February. Beano had such a sore paw which then developed into an abscess. Eventually, after having a cut made from in between his toes up his leg they found this monster splinter tracking its way up his leg. March is the start of him running around again without a cone on his head or a huge bandage on his foot.



Loving - the dress I made for big girl to wear to a wedding in July. It is the By Hand London Anna dress. She chose the fabric and we tweaked the body to fit from a size 6.


Struggling - to knit or crochet (from a shoulder injury) but I have been doing a little stitching in very small amounts. I know all the stitches but my eyesight is not as good as it used to be so I have to just enjoy it and not worry about perfection.



Dancing - with my friends to a steampunk track at a dance event to raise money for Ukraine Disaster Emergency fund.


Feeling - ready for Spring.
Thanks for dropping by. Jo xxx

8 comments:

  1. Well done on the dance event, such fun and for such a good cause. The Ladybird books took me back, I still have some that I often get out and browse. Like you I am ready for Spring and certainly ready for a break away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youch, poor Beano, that looks really nasty. We are just recovering from a bout of suspected pancreatitis here - Bertie from the pain and me from the vet's bills. Love the dress you made for your daughter, she looks lovely in it. And the bra is a triumph, I imagine it was a bit fiddly. I've been making vegan protein cookies here for the biggest boy who does lots of weight lifting. They're quite hearty! Love the Garden Gang Ladybird books, they must have passed me by somehow. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Beano, that is a big splinter. As I am typing this, I am waiting to pick up Lupin the cat from the vets, she is in for bladder and kidney ultrasound. I am grateful we can afford the insurance. The Anna dress is lovely, it is such a size inclusive pattern. Did you know that there is a Little Anna version? It is for girls up to 158 cm so probably too small for your big girl. I am glad you could make use of the bra kit I didn't want. The bra is beautiful, love the colours and shape. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Beano, that looks really nasty. Love the dress you made for your daughter, and I cannot believe you make your own bras! That is simply amazing! Have a great week,
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those ladybird books bring back lots of memories both for myself and also reading some of the stories to my children when they were much younger. Sorry that your shoulder is still playing up but you still seem to have kept yourself busy with baking and sewingand dancing.
    Poor Beano that is a very big splinter. Hope he is feeling better now and able to enjoy being outside in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The museum trip looks lovely, so many memories. Your wonderful baking makes my mouth water alas I couldn't eat any of it. How often do you go dancing it looks good fun? Have a good week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic photos,loving the baking.Great dancing costumes.Poor Beano,hope he will be ok and not get anymore like that one,soooo Big.He is the image of Tallulah the chocolate Sprocker my friend has,she is so loving and full of energy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jo, Just catching up with blogs again. I do hope Beano heals quickly, it does look huge. I would've loved seeing the Lady Bird books too, we read so many of them at school (1970's) ha ha. Your embroidery is beautiful, our local Knit & Natter group did some embroidery as a one off. I quite enjoyed it. I bought some second hand linen napkin cloths, removed the lace all ready to iron on motifs to embroider. Then with a downsize in house to bungalow last year, I decluttered them all. I'm just working through my projects waiting for now. Take care Cathy x

    ReplyDelete