Tuesday 17 August 2021

Twit Whoooo!

 








I have been making the Owls sweater by Kate Davies designs. It is a bit of a crazy affair because my friend gave me a random bag of stylecraft chunky yarn. There were two balls of teal and the rest were mixed colours. I have not used all the colours given to me here but I tried to make a cohesive selection. My plans didn't quite work out. The mustard cuffs on the waist, wrists and neck went well however I wanted the teal colour to complete the owl section but it was further on in the pattern than I realised and I ran out of teal for the owls ears and had to revert to stripes. I could have kicked myself because there was a chance to carry on the stripes prior to the owls but I was too busy concentrating on the raglan decreases. There is a VERY annoying pulled stitch right at the front but I just have to live with that because I didn't notice that until I tried it on at the end and all the ends had been woven in by then - and oh my the ends!!!

Anyway, I love it. It is super cosy, super wacky and dare I say it very me :)

Thanks for dropping by. Jo xxx

15 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, and happy, and colourful, and absolutely unique, and it fits you just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I couldn't never ever knit like this it's fantastic!
    And looks so great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing sweater. A fabulous use of gifted yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super support Jo ,it looks great on you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow I love that jumper that is right up my street. Great job and the only person who will ever notice that pull is you! Have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha , ab fab ! 😄 . love it. It suits you so well. Looks great with the jeans too. You will get plenty comments when you are out and about. Brilliant use of the wool too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is amazing and Owls can certainly have lighter ears. Well done on all the color choices. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to say how lovely I thought your sweater looked. You are so much fun to check on and see all the beautiful things you make and all your wonderful ideas! Thanks for sharing, it's simply a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I removed some spam from comments and I have accidentally removed a bloggers lovely comment. I am so sorry, I read it and enjoyed it and in my haste I have deleted it. I think it might have been from Little Dorrit. whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who would have guessed it Jo. Your lovely owl sweater is so oo you.
    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous and definitely you. The owls' eyes are fun, I like how they are different for each. Have a lovely week xx

    P.S. Finally took some photos with my handmade, published first garment last week. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful! I absolutely love it. How fantastic to do it from selected gifted yarns as well - you have a real eye for putting colours together. Every time you wear it I bet it will lift your (and other people’s) spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! Such fun and I so admire your skill, Jo! x

    ReplyDelete