Saturday 31 October 2020

Happiness is Easy Crochet

Sometimes happiness comes from the most simple things. Reaching the end of a few complex knits and garments, my brain wanted something simple to truck along with - something more inline with cruise control rather than a four stage rally.

One evening, I reached into the yarn basket and started to make a granny square, then I simply kept on going.

The yarn is Araucania Luxury Merino blend 4ply which I made an Ankers sweater from but I still had loads left. I can't find a link for it unfortunately. My old neighbour gave it to me after she got a bad wrist and couldn't knit anymore.

I made a little car seat/pram blanket for my friend who is having a baby in January. This one is all tied up ready for the gift box.

Other things that are making me happy at the moment are: progress in the new garden; a jug of flowers I knocked off while gardening and everyday sunsets.

Hope you find some happiness this week even if Covid19 news is sounding bleak? 



Jo xx

4 comments:

  1. All so pretty - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet, I am sure the pram blanket will be well loved. I have a jumper on my knitting needles, no pattern, just round and round and round. Autopilot knitting I call it. Sometimes we need a bit of autopilot making. Hope you have a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh what is easy crochet to you is Master Class to me, Jo :) However, I always leave from a visit with you feeling at ease...but wanting to try to emulate your beautiful prolific work I so admire. Thanks for creating/sharing the beauty around you in the midst of the pandemic. xo

    ReplyDelete