Tuesday 2 June 2020

When your garden matches your underwear...


Hello all! This is my third lingerie set of lock down and it coincides with the wonderful display of roses in our garden.


The sewing table always gets into a complete crazy mess when I make lingerie: lots of sorting, choosing and measuring of notions and elastics. It is great to use a bit of this and that.




The fabric kit comes from website called the sewing chest. The kits are reasonably priced and there is always a bit left over from each kit to use for experiments for the next set. I have been a happy customer for a long time.





I made a couple of pairs of knickers too using the non-stretch fabric for the fronts and an unwanted white T-shirt for the backs. I used up some green fold over elastic from a previous kit for the legs. Then I found a nice piece of red waist elastic too for a mix and match style.




The pattern is Madalynne Simplicity 8229. Which I have used four times before therefore I can whizz up a bra in about 90 minutes once cut. I am all sorted for undies now although the urge to sew more sets is being gently quashed.

A new jumpsuit pattern has landed on my door mat today so luckily I have other distractions along with returning to teach tomorrow. Eeek!

Hope you are all well. Jo xxx

8 comments:

  1. Im in awe!! And very tempted to try bra and undies sewing! But no, I must resist and finish all the very many other projects I have on the go. I must. I must. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the things that you sew, I admire your bra and pants sets the most. Totally unique to you. This roses set is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make such lovely lingerie Jo. A garden always close to your heart x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The underwear is just gorgeous, I keep having a look at lace and bits for bras but get a bit overwhelmed at what is suitable or comfortable. I too have plans for a jumpsuit I just ordered the fabric an hour ago. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers are gorgeous both on and off your undies. Stay safe and happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so lovely. As ever, I'm in awe of your craftsmanship. What a clever idea to use white t-shirt fabric on the back - pretty and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW,gorgeous undies,you are soooo talented.Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete