Monday 8 June 2020

Crochet Sweater

I am all out of words today. My head is ringing from screen time: home learning for my girls and online learning for my pupils. I just wanted to let you know that nine balls of Sublime DK tweed are on my back and not in my yarn basket and that has kind of cheered me along today. The clematis is going over and actually looks better in the photo than in real life! Photos with lock down hair and no make up will continue henceforth...
 






The pattern is from the DK bumper book of crochet. It is called the cropped sweater but I made longer sleeves that taper to the wrists. I love it. The wool was a bargain at £1.50 a ball some three years ago!

I hope you are all safe and well. Thanks for dropping by. Jo xxxxx

11 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, don't worry about the make up.....still look gorgeous. I love the colour you've used and I also alter things when patterns aren't quite how I like them. I don't really like three quarter length tops at all, so I always make up my own stitches for sleeves. Love the price you got the wool from too. Win win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's brilliant, and I love that the yarn was such a bargain. Your hair looks lovely, we have some truly exceptional lockdown hair here. The fashion for having it longer on top has come back to bite some people in the, well, in the head I suppose. There is a LOT of hair and being curly and wiry it is heading for the sky. I will take photos for posterity before it is finally removed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweater is wonderful! I've used that yarn too. My hair isn't to bad, it was short anyway and only grows slowly, but my poor husband is looking like Albert Einstein! Take care. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater looks great and so do you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, your sweater looks grand!! Lovely colour and you look quite presentable, Covid hair or no ;o) It looks like an easy crochet? Not too many fancy bits which means it could be rather a mindless activity....I like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always a lovely make Jo. The sweater is fab and I really love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic, Jo, and such a great color. Our sweater days are long gone, it is HOT around here.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is fab Jo! The long lock down hair really suits you, I think it is really nice xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That has turned out really well and just the thing at the moment where has the sunshine gone? I love the shade of green. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely sweater my friend. It is a gorgeous color and I love the extra special touches you made to it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic,and I love that colour.

    ReplyDelete