Sunday 17 May 2020

Ahoy there!

Just sewing along at the end of week 8. It was my little girls time for a new something. I could tell she was getting a bit green with envy sat on the sidelines watching me make everyone else clothes. I said she could have first pick out of my new Ottobre magazine when it arrived in the post.


This fabric was a gift from Christina at A colourful life, she didn't need it and was having a clear out a while back. Thank you my friend. Meg loves blue so she snapped it up, it was the perfect fabric to use right now.


The Ottobre magazine I bought was in French - I didn't mean it to be but I must have clicked the wrong one on the drop down list. Anyway with a little French and an understanding of how most things fit together, it worked out well.



The pattern is called Olive star which is actually a dropped waist dress but when she put it on she didn't like it, usual behaviour from this one. I made this however after my Bettine dress so I used the same elasticated waist technique from that adult dress to add a waist to this one. Problem solved.



This pattern is easily adapted to a T-shirt which is next on her wish list but I am out of jersey.


We rummaged through the motif pile and found a funky strawberry which she liked and I did a lot of swearing with a popper tool before deciding on buttons for the shoulders.



One happy customer! Thanks for dropping in. 
Jo xxxxx


9 comments:

  1. Nicely done, and I love the buttons on the shoulders. Brilliant fabric, just right for summer. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress and goes especially well with the pink leggings Jo. I like the strawberry and prefer the little buttons to poppers.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely. I too like the buttons on the shoulders. I wouldn't even have tried poppers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I do miss having small girls to sew for :o( Their clothes are mostly a quick project and small girls are usually quite happy with the new garments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! I am so glad you could use the fabric. Annie wanted me to make her a t-shirt with it and I remember being so disappointed when she changed her mind and told me she no longer fancied it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see such a happy smiley face from your daughter. Her new dress looks great and I think I'm with the others on the shoulder buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so lovely in her new outfit. Well done Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely dress and with the leggings too, she has good taste as the motif works really well. That magazine sounds interesting. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is the perfect model, looking gorgeous in her new dress.

    ReplyDelete