Thursday 27 June 2019

When things get busy...

...make a blanket. Sometimes when I am really busy to the point that I don't sit down until 9pm at night, the only crafting relaxation I can manage is to crochet a blanket. Easy-peasy rows of chevrons are perfect for an hour. In this instance it has even been row counted to save me having to make the taxing decision: "When shall I change colour?"




Sometimes this is all I can do at the end of the day especially when bloke is on a late shift 2pm until 10pm. The routine of doing an hour of something with my hands and switching off works a treat. 



I didn't intend to start a blanket but my friend gave me a beautiful book of crochet blanket patterns by Haafner Linssen. It was hard to choose one because they were all so beautiful and achievable but I chose something simple to relax my mind.



One of my new year crafting resolutions was to make a stash busting blanket, which I have done, but there is always some donated acrylic in this house languishing in a basket. 




I don't have anyone in mind for it but when you need a pram blanket as a gift very often there is not enough time to make one so this can wait patiently in my gift chest.



It was a simple choice which had straight sides. I sometimes struggle with the sides on blankets but there were eight trebles after the last hole so it was easy to keep track. 

Now back to the trickier crochet top on 2mm needle and a colourwork jumper. They won't make themselves you know!

Jo xxxx

10 comments:

  1. Thank you Jo, that book looked so interesting that I just ordered a copy.
    Cheers, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not be disappointed - so much to choose from.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful make and always handy to have some gifts ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow .. I see now how it is that you make so many gloriously, lovely things. Nine o'clock is bedtime in my world .. no sitting down to make blankets. I am helping my grand girls learn to sew and I think our next project will be the Shirt Skirt you have as a tutorial. My Robbie has plenty of shirts to share with his grand girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like some very easy blanket or scarf for working on last thing at night, which is when I tend to have those few free moments for knitting. I'd love to learn how to do some of the ripple patterns in crochet. I'm pretty much a stocking stitch knitter at the moment. But I do love the texture of crochet. I really like the colours you've used for the blanket. Nicely done! Have a good weekend. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great Jo and as you've said, it'll be perfect for when you suddenly need a blanket gift. I love the colours you've chosen, very soothing. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a sweet little blanket Jo. Easy projects like this are a live saver for those of us that NEED to be creative to stay well. My easy project is a simple sock. Maybe when I get back I'll start a blanket, too. Plenty of stash to work with, that's for sure. I am off camping tomorrow and I have yet to decide on a project to bring along. Have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stitching to wind down at the end of the day has certainly been productive for you, Jo! The blanket is lovely and will be a great gift for someone. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, being so busy that you don't sit down till 9pm at night - you have just described my life and, what do you know, I'm crocheting a blanket! Those kinds of projects are sanity savers.

    ReplyDelete