Thursday 6 June 2019

June...ing

Making - Another baby blanket.



Getting - A few more scraps to use for my postage stamp patchwork. Thanks Christina, some wonderful new colours. Pop over and see her June...ing post and quilt inspiration.



Baking - An apple tart which my little girl made.


Eating - A wonderful vegetarian risotto.



Building - Well, demolishing again mostly. We have taken a farm shed down which has made the house so much lighter inside.

Waxing - Worktops, doors, door frames, 88 metres
of skirting board...waxing, waxing, waxing.


Disliking - Making the children go to the house build at weekends but needs must while there are light nights and warm days. Heidi chose an afternoon nap in the sun this weekend.


Loving - The light nights.

Avoiding - Summer dresses because it is still too cold but I have a bulging wardrobe of unworn clothes.

Finding - Beano the puppy asleep in my knitting basket.



Thinking - How sad I am that one of my favourite blogs Cozy things has retired. I loved her words, her style, her knitting, her humor and her craziness to knit amazing and wonderful things through all the odds. I don't want to join instagram, I really don't, but I just want to see her sweaters...

Enjoying - Reading Yarn harlot as an antidote to missing Kristen at Cozy Things. 


Growing - Roses in the garden. There are so many all out at once.



Fixing - Nothing but so much needs fixing. Wobbly doors, peeling windows, a boiler, our shower, the washing line, the front door lintel. It is so hard to build one house and find that the one you are living in is falling apart!


 Deciding - To take a new job back in the Primary school classroom and get rid of one that has run its course. 

Looking - For wallpaper. I have never done that before, it feels like a big commitment somehow.

Feeling - Like things are moving in the right direction.

Jo xxxx

13 comments:

  1. You don't need to join Instagram to see the pictures. The bonus is that you don't get the ads and I think you see all the pictures instead of being part of the 'algorithm'. I visit Instagram everyday to look at the pretty pictures. The only unless you have an account, but you can read the comments. I visit on my PC - you don't even need a smart phone. Oh and you can't see stories - I signed up once to see stories, it wasn't worth it with all the ads and I felt it was all pretty invasive. I lasted a couple of hours. You can't beat a good blog though. Here is Kristin https://www.instagram.com/cozymadethings/?hl=en
    I googled @cozymadethings instagram to find her but then you can look for other people in the search tab there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'The only' should read 'You can't post unless you have an account' (not sure what happened there, a poor edit on my part I should think. Sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots going on over there as usual. I loved seeing Beano in the knitting basket, puppies get into everything. I hope you enjoy the new job and still find time for all the things you love to do. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. An enjoyable post Jo, love the dog in a basket photo. I have an instagram account but have never posted on there. I had it to view accounts I liked but I rarely visit and am thinking of shutting it down. Time is precious, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely happy post, the puppy in the basket is adorable. Congratulations on the new job, I hope you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy times at your end, as always, Jo, and so many lovely things to comment on. I love the look of your fabric scraps, looking forward to seeing the patchwork, and that apple pie speaks to me as well :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post, so much to comment on :-)
    The risotto looks just like what I love to eat, are there any leftovers? Beano is very cute, as is your little girl having a nap in the sun. I'll miss Kristin's blog, too. She is a fab knitter, isn't she? I'll email you later, just sneaking this post in at work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beano in the basket is just too cute for words. An afternoon nap in the sun sounds good right now. Loved the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots going on as usual Jo. I love keeping up with your antics and adventures. I remember the endless DIY on my house too. I waxed 65 square metres of wood flooring by hand (Blanchon floor wax is amazing!) 4 years ago now and it's still going strong. It is worth the hard graft Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Admiring: your waxing, your napping girl, your demolishing that gives more light to your home, your blooming roses and your knitting helper, Beano :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving....your blog my friend. Heidi asleep is precious. And Beano in your knitting, well it does not get cuter than that. I was so sorry to see Cozy Things close down. I wonder why people don't have words for a blog but have them for Instagram. It makes me sad every time a blog I like closes, a link to someone you feel you are friends with is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you feel that things are moving in the right direction, and congratulations on the new job and routine. I really don't know how you fit it all in. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beano in your knitting basket - oh my goodness, too much cuteness! He really is adorable. Well done on persevering with the house while you've so much going on.

    I will always love blogging but find Instagram a better fit time-wise since going back to work full time. Putting together a blog post takes a couple of hours while an Instagram post takes two minutes, and I have always found the sense of community there as strong as it is here. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete