Next...After reading a post from Lazy Daisy about different types of feet for her sewing machine I set to work on the problem...
With my new machine (new 2013) I had one of these feet included but had never used it. I was bold, I am, it is just the way things are, so I cut a curve off the sleeve removing the hole.
I found the instruction book which lasted about five minutes, I could not find it in there so I had a little test on the cut off pieces. It was so ridiculously easy!
You started the hem off by folding it by hand, get your first stitch in then just keep guiding the raw edge to the left and it curls in itself.
Look at the edge. It looks really professional. Few whispy bits there to cut off but no major problems. Then I got the bug and couldn't bear to throw away the pieces I had cut off the arms to use as testers. Look...
Hooray! New party top to wear with skinny jeans and my green ballet flats. I LOVE green.
And I love my new revamped blouse - so if you have a rolled hem foot lurking in your kit, get it out and have a go.
Happy Days Jo xxx