Thursday 21 November 2013

CAL Stitch directory (lost count!)

Here are this weeks squares for my crochet along with Chrissie and Marianne.

 
Double crochet spike stitch
 
Really effective. All you do is 3 rows of dc and then on your colour changing row you do 1dc in the row and 1dc in the stitch 2 or 1 row down depending how big you want your spikes and then repeat.

 
V Stitch
 
V stitch is a bit more lacy, I have used it on a cardigan front many moons ago but this one is going on the blanket.
 
So what does it look like? If I am honest, I really don't know what it is going to look like, it could go either way. It could be a random eclectic mix of patterns and colours or it could be a bit of a jumbled up mess - but I need to go a bit further yet before I decide.

Jo x
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. I have a big empty space on a wall, and I want to fill it with these squares! It is such a fascinating, creative project! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo cannot wait to see the finished piece - you always produce amazing things. Big hug,
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Beautiful friend! Hope your having a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful I love the lacey one.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project looks great! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the v stitch...your blanket is going to be amazing!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that lacey v-stitch. it looks great!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  8. More fab stitches - this blankie is going to be just lovely. Glad you got the glue pen - and well done for remembering too ;-)
    Happy weekend,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is going to look terrific.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks all - I am still hoping it is going to turn out OK. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of the double spike stitch, its very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. More great stitches Jo! I know that the blanket will be lovely when it is finished, because it is so full of the love that you have put into it. xx

    ReplyDelete