Sunday 29 September 2019

How Often....

How often is my knitting basket, my sock project bag and my crochet zip bag EMPTY?



It is Sunday evening. There is a roast in the oven however, I am in a hiatus of zilch yarn projects on the go and here I am with an hour to spare. A very rare phenomenon indeed. I have a tingling, excited feeling that I could knit anything next. My daughter Megan says she feels the same when she is ready to choose a new reading book; wonderful.

I started a new job this term at a school and I absolutely have to share a conversation from the staff room this week which is for all you knitters/crocheters out there.

Head: You are clever Jo, I could't knit a thing.
Me:   Thanks, I knit every night before I go to bed.
Head: What, every night?
Me:   Yes, I always stop my day at 9:30pm to knit for an hour. It helps me relax and process the day. I have to be really ill not to knit.
Head: What do you do when there is nothing left to knit?
Me:   (slightly hysterical laughing) That will never, ever happen!

There are not enough minutes in the rest of my hopeful life to knit all the things I would love to knit. 





With that in mind I have chosen to make Sanctuary from Summer 2019 Pom Pom magazine with new alpaca 4ply I bought at a ridiculously high price in a local yarn shop called Ippikin. I buy most of my yarn online and use a lot of donated yarn but sometimes you just have to support a local shop to make sure it stays open. I felt very righteous. 



Now what size shall I plump for? No more things left to knit, I mean really, honestly, who are these people?

Jo xxxx

7 comments:

  1. That sweater is going to be gorgeous Jo. Well done picking the perfect yarn for it. There is not enough time in my day, week or life to work on all the yarny projects I want to make. I do miss a few days during the week playing with yarn but I try my hardest to not miss more than three in a row. Enjoy our new project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished a cowl, so now back to my short sleeved Drops Fabel cardi. Then back to my crochet cardi. Oh no, I seem to have started a cal blanket on Cherry Heart blog. Done the first 8 squares and am waiting for the next design square on Tuesday, haha. I always finish things.....eventually. That new pattern looks gorgeous. You are quite into that Pom Pom book, aren't you ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughs hysterically as the projects on the go here have got SERIOUSLY out of hand!!! Love a trip to Ippikin it really is yarn heaven. Ewe and Ply in Shrewsbury market and now Oswesrty are also amazing if you haven't visited yet, although very dangerous for the purse who can walk into a yarn shop and not buy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are entitled to feel righteous - well done! I am now feeling the need to visit Ippikin myself, even though I have just ordered some yarn online. That staff room conversation made me smile. Fancy having nothing to knit! A friend of mine was talking about adult colouring books recently and another friend said, "They are for people who don't knit."!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last thing I was always asked in the staff room.......Could you make one for me.........? NO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lady in Madeley stocks this wool too, it is a treat yarn xx but you are worth it xx

    ReplyDelete