Wednesday 25 September 2019

All Done #24 - Crochet

It has been a while since I have posted an All done post. They show how I use up my craft materials to the very end. I do not like having piles of half used stuff filling boxes, I like to see it all done to make way for new things.




The last of my mercerised cotton scraps were made up into teacher gift key rings. I don't know if my teaching assistant colleagues will give a present to me at Christmas (I am new to the school) but if they do, I will be right there with a little homemade crochet.


I found a use for the last two squares from my cowl by making a plain back for each one. It satisfied my inner soul to use them.

This yarn has been a joy to crochet with which is why it keeps popping up to be used. It is too nice to have stuffed under the sofa in a sandwich bag. It was called Drops Muskat and here is what I have made with it...



I bought it originally to make this baby blanket in 2018


Added to the baby gift set was this bunny.



Recently I made this cowl.



And have now stashed away a few pressies. 
Want to see what I have left?



BOOM! Nailed it. All done Drops Muskat cotton yarn.

Thanks for dropping in. Inspired to use up some stash? Jo xxx

7 comments:

  1. I am always inspired Jo - just not so good a following it through... I have just donated a whole bag of Drops Muscat to charity. I went through a phase of making dish cloths and Christmas bauble and absolutely had to have all the colours possible....I hope it will make someone else happy. I particular like your little circle in a square key rings but the hearts are very sweet, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I absolutely love that. Beautiful little handmade keyrings and no waste, perfect. My gran used to take all the leftover yarn she could get her hands on and knit charity blankets. They had ALL the colours! But I like to see everything used too. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little keyrings! I'm sure your fellow teachers will love them too. I don't have much in the way of leftovers as I haven't done a lot of crocheting, or even knitting, for a while. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely did inspire me. Beautiful gifts and all those oddments used couldn't be better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The heart keyrings are lovely, so squeezable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely inspired - this is fab! Thanks, Jo. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gifts are going to be loved! Great idea for using up that beautiful yarn. Great cowl and baby blanket too!

    ReplyDelete