Tuesday 12 March 2019

March ing...

'Marching' on with my postage stamp quilt.



Getting - All my WIP's done and not starting anything new.


Baking - A couple of fruit cakes. Not everyone in our family likes it but it was my turn to choose lunchbox cake for a change.


Building - Still more floors to clean up, this time a reclaimed parquet floor to sand and varnish. The scaffolding has come down which is a good milestone.


Wearing - Dickies work trousers a lot lately... so chic!

Disliking - Having our farm sheds burgled and losing power tools we need for our house build. The girls were a bit upset losing their motorbike too.

Buying - Wool for a new jumper but I don't have time to make it yet, Maybe next March!



Thinking - About tidying up the garden. 

Enjoying - The promise of Spring around the corner with a few sunny days out walking.



Loving - This sock pattern from Christina. It is my second ribbed pair and they are so comfy to wear.



Wondering - Shall I use black or white thread for the finishing on my swimsuit??! Now there's a conundrum.



Learning - How to apply swimsuit elastic all over again. I had forgotten how to do it.

Watching - The Sewing Bee on the BBC whilst shouting things at the telly - mostly encouragement you understand.

Fixing - the hoover, my sewing machine, seams in leggings, missing buttons - the usual...

Making -  A charity shop table cloth into a beautiful apron.





 Deciding - What to put in my best friends '50 things in a box' for her 50th Birthday an idea I got from Sum of their stories. The apron from above went in.



Feeling - The itch to be a horticultural queen and get outside.


Jo xxxx

14 comments:

  1. A lovely ...Ingy blog as usual. The house looks stunning so neat and clean. I’ll have a piece of that cake and a cup of tea please looks delicious. Your yarn buy for next March lol looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house looks so good, almost finished from the outside I bet you're not feeling that though. You must be exhausted, it's an amazing thing you are doing there. Love the apron I'm sure your friend will love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear you were burgled, hope it doesn't delay your build its looking fab. Loving all your WIPS, glad to see someone else has a few on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to read that you had been burgled, the harm that these people do makes me so sad. Your new home is looking fabulous, what a joy it must be to you. I am a great fan of fruit cake, so yes please. Love the idea of fifty things...such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're busy, busy, busy! Love the apron, and so sorry about the burglary. The quilt is coming along beautifully. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the socks you are knitting. Can you tell me the details of the wool you are using please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, the yarn is Stylecraft Head over heels All Stars sock yarn. The link is for Black sheep wools.

      https://www.blacksheepwools.com/stylecraft-head-over-heels-all-stars-red-pots-3919-all-stars.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw1KLkBRBZEiwARzyE7zD55a-9H2NjidACuFq64K4LuKOgQAVmyHHXZnfdmiyCNcWCuAzrVhoCarYQAvD_BwE

      Delete
  7. What a lovely lovely post Jo, so much good stuff happening at Three Stories High. I am sorry about the break-in, I hope your beautiful new house is now secure.

    Your postage stamp quilt is just the best, I really love it and feel the urge to replicate it with all the bits and pieces of fabrics that clutter my little "studio". I imagine it is great fun. Your Bestie will be so delighted with your box of delights for her Birthday. I'll be 50 next year.... it seems rather surreal if I write it down like that.

    Lots of love as always, Christina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. If you are top-stitching the swim suit with a double needle, you could use both black and white thread :-)

      Delete
  8. Wow, you have been busy, Jo. Even by your high standards. I love the quilt and the yarn you're using for the socks and everything else as well. Except for the thieves, of course.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The house looks incredible Jo, really fantastic. So sorry about the power tools and bike, that is just so horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so clever, I'm just in awe. I'm really sorry to hear about the burglary, there are some horrible people around. You have reminded me that we gave my father 50 presents when he was 50, I had forgotten, so now I know what to give my sister for her birthday next year, thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, the box for your friend looks awesome. I hope she loved it. It is a fun idea isn't it but 50 is a lot of things!
    I'm so sorry to hear about the burglary, it's unsettling isn't it and such a hassle to sort everything out.
    I've been shouting at sewing bee too - mostly that they don't have enough time and should obviously be given longer for each make!

    ReplyDelete