Wednesday 27 March 2019

Button Jar

Just like the bottom of a cereal packet where all the small bits gather, my button jar seems to do the same. I don't even remember buying these. I think sometimes when you buy a mixed bag for crafts, there are a large proportion of the small ones. In reality they don't get used in my garment making, they are just too small.


I decided to make a set of jewelery inspired  by the colours of spring. 



Rummaging through my jewelery box I found some fish hook earring findings and metal stems. There was also a pretty packet of seed beads.


It made a lovely set of earrings. Unplanned, I made a necklace because it was half made in the craft box. The wire had the clasp all fitted and some odd beads threaded. I don't know where it was from but I randomly added some buttons. 


Really pleased with my little bit of happy up cycling. 


Have a good week. Jo xxxx

PS. Apologies if I flashed up a knitted item blogpost. I was missing a photo and clicked the wrong one to publish. Whoops!

6 comments:

  1. This is great! I love odd buttons and I tend to find just the right one when I need it after much searching through all the little drawers and jars. You could start a little side line there. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I was just wondering where the knitted tank post was, I read it during my online tutorial (naughty me). I do love necklaces and earrings just like the ones you made, unique and fun. I have so many small buttons, I should do something with them.... except most of my small ones are plain white, which is far too boring! Have a lovely rest of the week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should do something with the vast collection of buttons I have. Lily and Daisy are visiting soon, I am thinking it would be a great rainy day project for them to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are brilliant. It's spooky as I made button earrings a few weeks ago too. Mine were a bit more basic that yours though but I wear them all the time and am thinking I must make some more in different colours.

    ReplyDelete