Wednesday 26 December 2018

Betwixmas

Hello friends! I have been a little absent from here enjoying a family Christmas with much togetherness, fun and food. 


Today, I am sharing my Christmas Day dress. I never tire of a shift dress, I have many patterns especially vintage ones from the 1960's. This pattern is a new one for me to try from my collection. The needle cord is from Minerva which was super smooth. I love the artwork on this pattern.



We have eaten a lot and hosted family and friends for delicious meals. My fridge only houses cheese now which is fine, I hate waste food. There are a few days ahead, bewtixmas, where I want to do some fun selfish things. We are going to the theatre to see a pantomime;an annual event. I have some sewing to enjoy; fancy dress is required for New Year. We also have to paint the downstairs areas of our new house build before the builders return in the new year to lay tiled floors. Busy, Busy...

I hope you all enjoyed Christmas and found a moment to relax, reflect and rejoice. I read lots of your blogposts but didn't leave as many comments as usual but rest assured I spent a little moment with everyone. 

Thanks for dropping in. Jo x

10 comments:

  1. You look beautiful as always Jo. Enjoy your events and painting! I am about to tackle all of our woodwork, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is gorgeous! Such a lovely shape and the fabric looks lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful dress, dear Jo, and you look lovely as always. Glad you all had a wonderful Christmas.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely dress Jo and the pattern suits you very well. Glad to hear that you had a great Christmas enjoy your pantomime and fancy dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect Christmas dress, happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is lovely and you actually look very calm and relaxed . Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like lots of fun ahead. Good luck with the DIY and your shift dress looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress, a classic style you can't go wrong with. Glad you are having a relaxing time. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look lovely Jo! Glad you have a few days to indulge in some happy making xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look beautiful. What a flattering cut that dress it, very nice. I love that you have a "Christmas Day" dress. x

    ReplyDelete