Wednesday 26 April 2017

Crochet with String

I had a few packets of nice string in my stash. I liked it because it was made in the UK but I wondered what I could do with it, I had been 'saving' it. 


I could have wrapped a present but then the person receiving the gift might not have admired UK manufacturing the way I do and simply thrown it in the bin!



Therefore I made a blossom cluster for my jacket. We have had enough Spring days now for me to put my winter wool coat under its dust cover and give my denim jacket a seasonal shake.


Ever tried crocheting with string? I made a shopping basket once and it was so heavy I could hardly lift it and my fingers were so sore from making it but a little project like this was a joy with this soft, light string. Mr Henry Winning, I love your 'exceptional twine' it was soft enough to crochet with.

Quick fix Wednesday post. See ya, Jo xxx

8 comments:

  1. Stunning, love the colour. I made a wreath for my kitchen many moons ago using different shades of natural twine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and the cluster looks really good rather than just one single bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun idea. It looks great on your denim jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I got a large spool of twine to crochet a basket, I have used it to tie up rose branches thus far. It is a bit rough! Your blossom cluster is a clever idea for using the Mr. Winning blue and white string you have and saving it from being tossed in the bin like the baker's twine I used to tie up some gifts was. Well done, Jo! [I just saw a flash of lightening and heard a crack of thunder! Do you have thunder and lightening often. We don't!]

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good idea. I love the button centres. You're right, people would throw it away if you tied it around a gift. Better to make something you can enjoy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this idea. Your string reminds me of bakery twine, which was the BEST thing to play cat's cradle with. The flowers are very cute and I love the buttons, that was a very sweet touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good idea to embellish a garment. It makes it personal and on your jacket, very pretty. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! Have string, just need to crochet it!

    ReplyDelete